The other night, I absolutely had nothing planned for dinner. The weekend was super busy, so meal prepping didn’t get done. I opened my freezer and rummaged through, looking for quick fixes and found my saving grace … frozen shrimp! It’s saved me a few times actually, as it’s delicious, thaws super-quick and cooks in a few minutes. I’ve always got a bag or two in the freezer – when Sprouts has a sale on Wild Caught Shrimp for $6.99/lb, I stock up! Even when using frozen shrimp, I can get dinner on the table in about 30ish minutes.
It also doesn’t take a lot of seasoning or spices to make shrimp taste good. Wild caught shrimp has so much juicy flavor, you really only need a few ingredients to season it, then throw it all in a pan for a quick sauté.
I paired the shrimp with a nice cilantro-lime cauliflower rice to save on the carbs. The cilantro adds a fresh and bright flavor, and the lime adds a nice bright acidity to balance out the butter. The cauliflower rice is also a quick fix, we bought it frozen from Costco and it takes about 10 minutes to cook. It’s so much easier than having to shave down a whole head of cauliflower.
Simple and delicious … not bad for a last minute meal!
Garlic Shrimp with Cliantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp About 16 large shrimp
- 12 oz cauliflower rice (I used Costco frozen cauliflower rice)
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 cloves diced garlic
- 3 tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 3 slices lime for garnish
- Peel and devein shrimp, dry with paper towel. Season with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Heat large pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter until lightly brown, add garlic and sautee until fragrant and lightly brown about 10-20 seconds. Add shrimp and cook on high, 2 -3 minutes each side. Add pepper to taste.
- For the Cauliflower rice: If using frozen cauliflower rice, defrost first, drain water. Heat large pan on high with 1 tablespoons of butter, until lightly brown. Add cauliflower rice and saute until water has evaporated. About 5-10 minutes. Do not overcook the cauliflower rice, this may result in mushy rice! Pour rice into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of cilantro and 2 teaspoon of lime juice and mix.
- Serve shrimp over cauliflower rice, garnish with additional cilantro. Optional: squeeze additional lime over shrimp.