These healthy and flavorful air fryer turkey meatballs are made in under 20 minutes. It’s a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights! Serve them with some low carb zucchini noodles or dunk them in your favorite marinara sauce.
I love my air fryer – it’s a convenient and essential tool for whipping up quick and healthy meals. These air fryer turkey meatballs are just one of the many simple dishes that I enjoy making in a pinch. They’re full of bold flavors and so versatile – add them to sauteed zoodles (zucchini noodles) with garlic and top with parmesan for a low-carb meal, serve with pasta and pesto, or add them to a salad with roasted veggies and a bright vinaigrette.
Ground Turkey Meat – I use lean 93/7 turkey meat (93% turkey, 7% fat). The little bit of extra fat in the ground turkey will prevent it from getting too dry when cooking.
Panko Bread Crumbs – Gives extra texture to the meatball, preventing it from cooking up too dense.
Soy Sauce – or tamari sauce, this adds a salty and savory flavor.
Dry Seasonings – I like adding garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper – they add delicious bold flavors. They’re easy to find at your local store, and you may have most of them in your pantry.
Egg – Helps add a bit more moisture and binds the meatballs together.
Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan adds a bit more moisture, texture and flavor.
Preheat the airfryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Form the meatballs into 1 inch rounds. You can use gloves or if you’re shaping them without gloves, wet your hands prior to forming the meatballs so they don’t stick as much.
Air fry the turkey meatballs for 8 minutes and you’re done!
*cooking time may vary depending on the size of the meatball.
How to serve
- Serve with sautéed garlic zucchini noodles for a low carb meal.
- Dip them in marinara sauce.
- Add them to a warm or cold salad.
- Make a turkey meatball sub by adding them to a fresh baguette, topped with marinara sauce and cheese.
- And of course, add them to spaghetti and top with your favorite sauce.
Love a recipe you’ve tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card and a comment below! That’ll make my day!
Let’s be friends! Follow me on social media @ Instagram, Pinterest. Give me a tag @apeachyplate when you try out a recipe!
More Air Fryer recipes to enjoy
Easy Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound 93/7 ground turkey meat (93% turkey, 7% fat)
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form meatballs into 1 inch round balls.
- Add meatballs to the basket in a single layer, about ½ inches apart.
- Air Fry for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Before cooking, make sure the air fryer is clean with no grease residue.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, cook in batches as needed.
- Cooking time will vary depending on size of the meatball.