This diy mild taco seasoning mix is quick and easy to put together, perfectly measured for a pound of ground beef. It’s a flavorful, non spicy seasoning with no chili powder, so it’s totally kid-friendly for the whole family to enjoy. Make this simple mix tonight for taco night or store it in a jar for when you’re ready to use it!
I have no excuse to buy store-bought taco seasoning packets anymore, especially when it’s so much cheaper and convenient to make them at home! With this homemade taco seasoning, I know exactly what’s in it, and I usually have all the herbs and spices on hand, making it cinch to put together. By using this taco mix, I love how quickly I can get a taco dinner on the table in just 30 minutes.
Ingredients & Notes
Just 7 simple pantry staple ingredients for this mild taco mix.
I use this mild seasoning blend so my kids can enjoy taco night too. If you want a bit of heat, you can always add some chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes to suit your taste.
Add all the ingredients together and mix well, then store in an airtight container.
How to use
This homemade taco seasoning mix can be added to 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey for deliciously quick tacos. It’s also great in these air fryer beef taquitos!
For tacos, cook your ground meat on a skillet on high heat. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes, add this taco mix and stir it into the meat evenly and cook for an additional 5 minutes. How easy is that? You don’t even have to add water to the seasoning.
Frequently Asked Questions
The seasoning is added to the meat after cooking it through.
Yes, this seasoning will go great on other meats such as turkey and chicken!
A lot of pre-packaged taco seasonings do contain sugar. The great thing about making your own mix is that you can omit or control the amount of sugar you want. This recipe does not contain any sugar.
More quick recipes to enjoy
Love a recipe you’ve tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card and a comment below! That’ll make my day!
Let’s be friends! Follow me on social media @ Instagram, Pinterest. Give me a tag @apeachyplate when you try out a recipe!
Easy DIY Ground Beef Taco Seasoning Mix (Mild, Kid Friendly)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This seasoning is not spicy, if you prefer some heat, add some chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes to suit your taste.
- This seasoning mix can be added to 1 pound of ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken meat for deliciously quick tacos.
- To use the mix, cook your ground meat on a skillet on high heat with some cooking oil. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes, add the taco mix. Stir evenly into the meat and cook for an additional 5 minutes. You do not have to add water to the seasoning.